Tomatoes Gina and Gina TST enjoy an impeccable reputation among domestic amateur vegetable growers. The seeds of the Gina variety are sold by many seed companies, including SeDeK, Plazmass, Aelita, Altai Seeds and the Siberian Garden, and the seeds of the author’s hybrid form Gina TST are produced by the Poisk agricultural firm.
Characterization and description of the variety
The variety "Gina" and the hybrid "Gina TST" deservedly belong to the best among the promising for open and protected soil of large-fruited tomatoes, therefore, it is quite successfully grown not only by experienced, but also by beginner gardeners in our country.
In addition to a very harmonious, with a balanced combination of acid and sugar, taste, these tomatoes are highly valued and receive unanimous positive feedback thanks to the following varietal merits:
- resistance to defeat by verticillous wilting and fusarium;
- high and stable productivity regardless of the method of cultivation;
- good commercial quality of the harvested crop;
- universality of the use of fruits.
The varietal characteristics of the fruits and the botanical description of the plant of the variety "Gina" and the hybrid form "Gina TST" have some differences, the knowledge of which allows you to make the right choice.
It is recommended to grow "Gina" and "Gina TST" in the middle lane of our country through seedlings, but in the southern regions, the variety and hybrid have proven themselves in direct sowing in the ground. Standard recommendations for obtaining high-quality seedlings are as follows:
- sowing seedlings should be carried out approximately two months before the expected date of planting of young plants at a permanent place, approximately in the third decade of March;
- for growing seedlings, it is optimal to use prepared soil specifically designed for vegetable and garden crops;
- seeds before sowing are recommended to be disinfected and pre-germinated by soaking in growth stimulants;
- planting containers should be filled with moistened nutritious soil mixture, and then sowing seeds with a depth of 1 cm;
Tomatoes: sowing seeds for seedlings (video)
- young seedlings should be dived at the stage of formation of two true leaves;
- the temperature regime and lighting that are optimal for the growth and development of a vegetable culture should be maintained, which will prevent the seedlings from stretching and make it as high-quality as possible;
- watering is carried out as necessary, with warm and standing water;
- if seedlings are stunted, it is recommended to carry out two dressings with special complex fertilizers;
- before planting in a permanent place, tomato seedlings are subjected to hardening on the street or balcony.
You can plant tomato seedlings in a permanent place under a film shelter in the middle of the last spring month. On open soil ridges, seedlings are planted no earlier than June. High-quality tomato seedlings at the age of two months should be strong and have about five to seven true leaves. The standard planting scheme is 50x40 cm with a density of 7-9 plants per square meter of planting area.
Following the recommendations for the care of varietal and hybrid tomatoes is the key not only to the proper growth and development of a vegetable crop, but also contributes to a high and highest quality crop.
- Do not grow tomatoes after potatoes and other nightshade crops, including peppers and eggplant;
- the best precursors for tomatoes are carrots, onions, lettuce and any legumes;
- in order to attract pollinating insects, it is allowed to tighten tomato plantings with basil, mustard and coriander;
- for the purpose of fruit formation, it is recommended to resort to artificial pollination by shaking inflorescences in the morning;
- Before planting tomato seedlings in the planting holes, it is recommended to add a small amount of wood ash there, which will provide the plant with trace elements and protect the vegetable culture from some diseases;
- basic feeding must be provided to plants without fail during the stage of active formation of ovaries and at the phase of ripening;
- feeding a garden crop with herbal infusions or complex mineral fertilizers gives a good result;
- to increase the level of sugar content of tomato pulp and strengthen the immunity of vegetable culture, you should use a light pink solution of potassium permanganate three times a month for watering;
- it is not recommended to neglect preventive spraying of tomatoes, using both folk remedies and chemical preparations for processing the aerial parts of the plant.
Tomatoes Gina and Gina TST form fairly compact determinant bushes, therefore, plantation of plants does not require special attention, but it is necessary to provide garden culture with props.
Reviews of amateur vegetable growers
A worthy and very noticeable novelty in the field of selection, according to gardeners, is the shape of the well-known tomato Gina - a mid-season and high-yielding hybrid "Gina TST". This hybrid compares favorably with its parent form with the absence of fruit cracking, precocity, a better taste of pulp and a larger weight.
Domestic vegetable growers who have already planted a novelty in their garden plot note that the hybrid does not require herding, which helps to significantly facilitate the cultivation and maintenance of garden plantings. The variety and hybrid form are especially popular among beginners, inexperienced gardeners, due to stable productivity and absolute unpretentiousness.