It is very disappointing when preparations for the winter deteriorate: they “shoot” and swell. This is often due to the use of improper canning technology. Canned sterilized cucumbers will never undergo these troubles, because they underwent additional heat treatment, which destroyed all harmful organisms that could affect their preservation.
What is sterilization and why is it
In order to keep homemade canned cucumbers longer, after pouring them with marinade in accordance with the recipe, you need to carry out the sterilization procedure. Many housewives neglect her, and as a result, the time spent and spoiled products.
In fact, sterilization is the heating of a workpiece in banks for a certain time. It is carried out in hot water, according to certain rules and with a fixed duration.
The need for sterilization arises, because after the cans have undergone heat treatment and food has gone to them, some of the microorganisms have come from air, hands and other sources that are in short supply in the kitchen. Just warming up the cans will help get rid of harmful additives in the form of microbes, and make preservation completely safe for winter use.
- The selection of sterilization containers plays a key role. It should be of such a volume that the cans in it are covered with water to the "shoulders" and at the same time it is possible to cover the pan / tank with a lid.
- Lay any woven material at the bottom, it will not allow banks to break into the bottom of the container with intense boiling.
- The water level depends on the method of capping the cans. So, the covers that will be twisted with a key should be covered at the level of the workpiece, but not higher than the shoulders. Glass clamps (they should be corked before sterilization) can be completely filled.
- In order for the jar with cucumbers not to burst during sterilization, the brine must be poured hot. That is, the temperature of the workpiece should be the same as the water in the pan.
- Sterilization should be quick to avoid overheating of cucumbers. For cans with a capacity of half a liter, 15 minutes is enough, for liter ones up to 20, large containers 25 minutes.
- Sterilization time starts from boiling water.
- When time runs out, you need to quickly roll up the banks. It is not necessary to wrap, on the contrary - to cool quickly.
Banks should not touch each other and the walls of the pan. If this does not work out in a container, you need to either reduce the number of cans, or lay them with a towel.
This recipe is suitable for those who seek to make preparations without vinegar, canning is useful! Cranberry acts as an acid here, it is also the highlight of the spin.
For useful preservation you will need:
- cucumbers per 1 liter jar;
- cranberries - 100-200 gr.;
- salt / sugar - 25/50 gr.;
- dill, garlic, horseradish leaves, peas.
Cooking consists of the following steps:
- Pour cucumbers with water and let stand for several hours.
- Peel and chop the garlic into large plates.
- In the prepared jars lay dill, garlic, horseradish leaves.
- Top up the cucumbers.
- Prepare the marinade from 1 liter of water, salt, sugar. After boiling, keep on fire for a couple of minutes.
- While preparing the marinade, put the cranberries in a jar.
- Pour a jar of marinade and send to sterilize for 10 minutes.
- Then roll up and cool quickly.
If cucumbers are collected directly from the garden before 8:00 in the morning, then you can skip the soaking.
Cucumber and Tomato Appetizer
Such canned cucumbers are quite unusual, they will surprise both home and guests.
Of the ingredients you need:
- cucumbers 1.5-2 kg;
- tomatoes - 2 kg;
- sweet pepper - 0.5 kg;
- vinegar - half a glass;
- sugar / salt - 250/60 gr.;
- vegetable oil - a glass.
- Prepare vegetables: cut cucumbers into circles, twist the tomatoes, peel the peppers and also chop. Peel and crush the garlic.
- To grind tomatoes and pepper in a thick-walled pan, put it on the fire, bring to a boil.
- Add the garlic.
- After boiling, add salt and sugar.
- Boil for 5 minutes, pour in vegetable oil.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Add cucumbers and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar and cook the same amount.
- Pour into prepared jars and sterilize the required amount of time, depending on capacity.
A simple and tasty recipe known since childhood.
For him you need:
- cucumbers - 1 kg;
- lovage, dill, bay leaf, garlic;
- chili pepper - 1 little thing;
- apple vinegar - 60 ml;
- salt / sugar - 50/90 gr.
- Wash the cucumbers.
- Prepare banks. In still hot place the herbs and lay the cucumbers tightly.
- Prepare the marinade from water, salt, sugar. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour cucumbers with marinade and put sterilized in a water bath.
This recipe will help to process overgrown cucumbers and at the same time make delicious preservation for the winter.
The preservation of such cucumbers is simple and understandable, of the ingredients you need:
- sugar / salt - 100 / 15g .;
- citric acid - 5 gr.;
- peas, allspice, cloves - 5 each.
- Wash, peel and cut the cucumbers lengthwise into slices (1-1.5 cm thick).
- Pour salt, sugar and spices into the water (1 liter). Bring to a boil and boil for a couple of minutes.
- Put prepared cucumbers in a pan, pour boiling marinade. Put a press on them and stand for 10 minutes.
- Put the cucumbers in a prepared jar. The denser the better.
- Pour with brine, sterilize.
Secrets of delicious canned cucumbers
In order to make sterilized cucumbers especially tasty, you need to take into account the secrets of such canning:
- Good mood. Without it, you can’t cook at all.
- Clean dishes. Cans must be washed thoroughly, it is advisable not to use chemical detergents for this. Optimal soda and dry mustard.
- Variety of cucumbers. Do not use salad varieties for preservation.
- Cucumbers need to be sorted, the same size will be uniformly sterilized.
- If it is possible to collect raw materials in your own garden, then you need to do this in the morning. If this was not possible, then before canning they must be soaked in cold water.
- When sterilizing, cucumbers are most important not to overexpose, then they will be crispy.
- Preserve cucumbers not by two-, threefold filling, but by sterilization, it is faster and more convenient.
Sterilized Pickled Cucumbers (video)
What is very important, the result is a useful and absolutely safe workpiece. Such cucumbers can be preserved without vinegar.