This plant is not too well-known with us, and is more often used to decorate the territory. But Bacopa Monnier has long been used in traditional medicine in India. The plant is still popular because it transforms the body.
Description and distribution of Bacopa Monnier
Bacopa Monier, Brahmi grass or Indian thymewort is a perennial plant from the Bacopa genus.
The leaves are thin, creeping and creeping. Ovate leaves are small, up to 6 mm. in length, with serrated edges. Olive green, juicy, if chopped, then You can feel a faint lemon aroma.
White or blue flowers are also small, the shape is different: in the form of a bell or trumpet. This is a very beautiful plant, especially if it has grown throughout the territory.
Brahmi grass loves moisture and warmth therefore found in the tropics and subtropics. Prefers places with ponds: swamps, small ponds. It grows in India, Pakistan, Taiwan, Sri Lanka, China, Vietnam and the southern states of the USA. In Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and other CIS countries, few people know about the Brahmi grass.
The chemical composition and healing properties of Brahmi grass
The "divine" plant (as Bacop Monier is called in India) contains a large amount of nutrients. It:
- betulic acid;
- glucose beta-sitosterol;
Therefore it is not surprising that The plant has been widely used in folk medicine for several centuries:
- It helps to reduce pressure, therefore it is useful for hypertension or chronic venous insufficiency.
- It enhances cell regeneration, due to which it effectively heals wounds, heals old scars and stretch marks. Enhances the production of own collagen.
- Useful in the treatment of acne, acne, psoriasis, etc.
- Soothes the nervous system.
- Eliminates cellulite. Activates the production of glycosaminoglycans. This substance is necessary for the formation of connective tissue. The use of compresses and wraps with leaves of Bacopa Monnier will accelerate the effect of creams and exercise, so that the "orange peel" disappears faster.
- It restores microcirculation in the vessels, which improves blood flow. This helps to speed up the recovery of hearing, migraines, prostatitis and weak erections, diseases of the urinary system, with asthma and tuberculosis, cardiovascular diseases, as well as problems with the spine and joints.
- It stimulates the brain, rejuvenates cells, improves mental activity. Strengthens memory, helps to better focus. It normalizes blood circulation in the brain. Helps relieve stress and fatigue after prolonged mental work.
- Tones up, increases working capacity. It treats Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and atherosclerosis. Balances the left and right hemispheres of the brain.
- Strengthens the walls of blood vessels and capillaries, enhances the flow of oxygen to internal organs.
The use of Indian paraphernalia for the treatment of skin diseases
Indian women have long maintained their beauty and youth with the help of a pistolist. It is dried and ground to a powder state, and then mixed with water. Brahmi grass can be used in pure form or mixed with other cosmetic components. A plant with green, blue and pink clay, henna (as hair masks), essential and base oils shows its properties well.
- Mix 1 part herb with 1 part base oil (preferably peach, almond or grape seed), add 1 part hydrolytes (flower water) and plain warm water. The mixture should become porridge. Apply this paste to problem areas.where there are pimples, scars or scratches, stretch marks, burns, psoriasis, etc. After 15 minutes, rinse with water.
- Fine skin tonic obtained from Bacopa Monier. 10 gr. pour herbs in 90 g. pure water. Shake the tonic for a few minutes, then let it brew for a day in a dry, dark place. Strain the resulting lotion, then store in the refrigerator. The maximum period of use is 2 weeks.
How Bacopa Monnier propagates (video)
The effect of Bacopa Monnier on the nervous system
This plant is famous for its beneficial effects on the nervous system. And now in Pakistan, China, India and Vietnam are treated after fifty years with it. Advised to take a course of fifty days. The standard dose for oral administration is 300 mg, it must be taken with oil.
- It soothes well.
- Eliminates a sense of anxiety.
- Facilitates premenstrual syndrome.
- Helps to cope with insomnia, improves the process of falling asleep.
- It has a positive effect on epilepsy.
- It treats depression, including postpartum.
- Accelerates tissue regeneration after surgery, can relieve stress from operations.
- Eliminates the negative effects of a stroke, as well as nervous shocks and traumatic brain injuries.
It is undesirable to take grass during pregnancy, breastfeeding, people with bradycardia, stomach and intestinal ulcers.
Dosage Forms Bacopa
- For treatment, use the stems of the plant along with the leaves. Usually, they are dried and triturated to a powder state.
- Tinctures and compresses can be made from fresh raw materials.
- Capsules and tablets are available for sale that contain all the beneficial substances of Monieri Bacopa. They are convenient to use and store.
Preparation of medicinal raw materials
It is not always possible to order the capsules of the Indian paraphernalia, and even in pharmacies and stores they are not widely sold. Therefore, if you want to take advantage of the medicinal properties of Brahmi grass, then it’s better to learn how to make raw materials yourself. Moreover, it is not so difficult.
- The plant is small-leaved, so you have to spend an hour or two to collect the required volume of bacopa.
- Use a sharp knife to cut off the top of the plant, leaving a shoot of approximately 5 cm.
- Brahmi should be at least 6 months old, as young grass simply cannot grow further and will die quickly. Consider this moment!
- If the plant is too dirty, it is advisable to wash it. To do this, keep the raw materials in a bowl with clean water. Then gently pat it with a cloth to remove most of the moisture.
- Lay the leaves with the stems on a cloth or paper. The layer of plants must be very thin.
- Choose a well-ventilated room in which air should circulate.
- Make sure that the sun rays do not fall on the Indian dragonfly!
- After about three weeks, the product will be ready. Grind it in a blender or coffee grinder. Store 2 years.
Medicinal properties of bacopa Monnier (video)
Tinctures or compresses from fresh raw materials
- Collect the plant as described in the previous paragraphs.
- Rinse it if necessary.
- Grind with a knife or meat grinder.
- Add water.
- After a while, remove the raw materials, and use the tincture as lotions, compresses or rinses. Keep in the refrigerator for no more than 2 weeks.
- Take any base oil - peach, wheat germ, apricot, almond. Even sunflower or olive will do. In Asia, they like to use the plant with coconut oil.
- Pour slightly dried leaves (five-day) into the bottle so that they occupy two-thirds of the capacity.
- Pour oil to the end.
- Keep the resulting infusion in a dark place for 5-7 days. Shake the bottle periodically.
- The tool can be used externally.
Features of growing bacopa (video)
Flowers and herbs are not able to eliminate all diseases. But they can improve the situation, and along with drugs, accelerate recovery. Brahmi grass is an amazing plant that has a beneficial effect on the nervous system and skin.